We are constantly working on new products and services that will make life much easier for Rational users. One option we have is our offer of ClearCase health check on demand, just to help you sleep better at night. We are also poised to release new versions of Visual Annotate and R&D Reporter.We also have a brand new IBM Champion Award – for the second year in a row!
Last, but definitely not least read our new case study to learn how you can save money on ClearCase projects in maintenance mode.
In this issue:
- Rational Innovate 2012 – Orlando FL 3-7 June
- GoMidjets Wins IBM Champion Award – AGAIN!
- New: We now provide “Health Checks” services for ClearCase
- Do You have ClearCase Projects in Maintenance Mode? You Can Save Money!
- Coming Soon: Visual Annotate 2.0 – Major Enhancements
- Coming Soon: R&D Reporter 3.0 – Major Enhancements
- Have you integrated RTC with ClearCase?
- What’s new in ClearCase 22.214.171.124
- Enjoy! Join the Next vs Now Racecar Challenge at Innovate 2012
Rational Innovate 2012 – Orlando FL 3-7 June
If you attend, please visit the CloudOne (booth # 208) or Island Training (booth # 510) to pick up our brochure. If you’d like to schedule a demo for one of our solutions, please reply to this email and we’ll get back to you.
GoMidjets Wins IBM Champion Award – AGAIN!
We are proud to announce that, for the 2nd year in a row, GoMidjets is being recognized for its contribution to the IBM eco-system with an IBM Champion Award. Learn more: https://www.almtoolbox.com/blog/?p=1066
New: We now provide “Health Checks” services for ClearCase
Do you want to be on the safe side with ClearCase? Let us scan your VOB servers, analyze their status, provide you with a health report and fix any problems we might find.
This service is currently provided in the following territories or remotely: the US and UK, India, France, Australia and Israel. For further details, please reply to this email and watch the following 10-min webinar:
Do You have ClearCase Projects in Maintenance Mode? You Can Save Money!
Coming Soon: Visual Annotate 2.0 – Major Enhancements
Visual Annotate saves your time on debugging. It helps you find the root cause of bugs.
- Embedded ‘Diff’ with visual annotating – see them in one dashboard (!) for a better root cause analysis
- Show who really made the change and where it was really changed
- Jump to Next/Previous difference
- Supporting floating license model
Learn more: https://www.almtoolbox.com/blogYou can purchase the current version and get the newest one when it comes out.
Coming Soon: R&D Reporter 3.0 – Major Enhancements
R&D Reporter is our real-time reporting tool and high-level comparison tool for ClearCase end-users.
- File-based report (in addition to activities-based reports). This allows you to filter out your reports by filename and know exactly which files have been changed, where and when they were changed.
- A new report format which enables you to save a report directly to a GUI-based format and reopen it at any time without needing to set a query for it. This new format saves time of generating reports and can be shared with anyone who uses R&D Reporter.
- Compare baselines by a predefined naming convention (including regular expressions!) or by promotion levels.
- Use ClearCase attributes to enhance your report details.
- Supporting floating license model
You can use R&D Reporter to integrate ClearCase with ClearQuest, RTC and HP Quality Center. Read a success story on how we helped HP Accelerating R&D processes with GoMidjets R&D Reporter
You can purchase the current version and get the new one when it comes true.
Have you integrated RTC with ClearCase?
If you have, or are considering doing so in the future, please let us know by replying to this email. We are currently working on a complementary solution and we’d be happy to provide more details and hear your feedback. We are holding a lottery of two $50 Amazon gift-cards for our poll participants.
What’s new in ClearCase 126.96.36.199
- The integration between Rational Team Concert 4.0 (RTC) and ClearTeam Explorer 8.0.02 has been enhanced for UCM. Users are now able to specify RTC work items to associate with UCM activities when performing various operations such as: checking in, checking out, adding to source control, moving, renaming, removing, and merging.
- Support for IBM Installation Manager Console mode. Console mode enables users to perform various installation tasks such as Install, Update, Modify, Rollback and Uninstall on UNIX \ Linux platforms.
- Support for US Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB) for Windows 7 has been added.
- Support has also been added for the following: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Update 2 (RHEL 6.2) , 64-bit Microsoft Windows Explorer, VMware ESXi V5.0 , AIX 6.1 TL7 , AIX 7.1 TL1 , Samba 3.5.11.
Enjoy! Join the Next vs Now Racecar Challenge at Innovate 2012
If you’re coming to Innovate 2012 this year, you will find an exciting contest planned on Monday of the conference- In the Next vs Now challenge, four teams of high school and college students (the Next generation) are pitted against four teams of conference attendees (the Now generation). Learn more.