First of all, we are moving into the beta testing phase of the next generation of the product, which will include the following new features:
- Comparison of baselines, streams and a mixture of the two.
- Enhanced reporting capabilities including export to Word and Excel, sending reports by email and the capacity to filter results.
- Comparison of recommended baselines.
- Automatic daily mail including a report of what artifacts have been changed.
- A list of changes made to a directory (new / deleted / renamed files).
- Compatibility with Rational Team Concert (Jazz).
- Enhanced support to composite baselines.
- Full support of UNIX and Linux platforms.
We are waiting impatiently to get official certification from IBM Rational for the product (our GoMidjets ClearCheck product is already certified).
The current version (v1.1.1) will stay as freeware, while the next generation will be licensed at a very attractive price and will include support and free version upgrades. The exact pricing model hasn’t been set yet.
Please tell us what you think about the features listed above for the next generation. You can write your talk-back below.
Want to be a GoMidjets beta tester for the next generation? If so, please let us know.